Code of Conduct
Please read through the information below and know that by using this site, you agree to all of the rules and guidelines on this page. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Rules & Etiquette
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Any other questions should be directed to CASC by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (705-522-6825).
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, please contact us. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Respect the opinions of others. Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- You may not reproduce postings from this site on any other public platform without the consent of the author.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Job postings or open position listings are not to be posted in the forum. Please contact CASC (email@example.com) to post jobs in appropriate areas of the website.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, and location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information from which everyone can benefit. Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals – not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" option.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as "remove me from the list." Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
- The Canadian Association of Science Centres reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these or any other CASC guidelines.