Once again, CASC encourages members and friends to participate in this global event that coincides with the United Nation’s World Science Day for Peace and Development.
The goal of this international event is to “celebrate and demonstrate our institutions as the Earth’s most influential combined force for engaging the public with science, technology, related civic decision-making, and direct action to solve the critical issues facing the planet”.
There are several ways you can participate:
- 1. Between now and November 10, gather your audiences to participate in a global citizen science project to map mosquito breeding grounds. The website provides tools and resources to implement the program, including a staff training recorded webinar
- 2. Contact your local media to invite them to your institution to talk about the impact that we collectively have in Canada.
- 3. Invite your local MPs, MPPs, MLAs, Municipal Representatives, Band Council members and other important leaders to visit your Science Centre on November 10.
- 4. Use social media leading on November 10 to advise your audiences that it is International Science Centre and Science Museum Day (be sure to tag #ISCSMD and @CASC_ACCS so we can track and share your posts).
- 5. Add your Science Centre’s story to the ISCSMD map to demonstrate the international impact that we all have collectively.
For more information about ISCSMD, visit www.iscsmd.org
We look forward to sharing your November 10 stories!
If your science centre participates, please let us know; we will follow up with you afterward to put together a Canadian activities report.